Free Seminar: 2018 Employment Law UpdateName: Free Seminar: 2018 Employment Law UpdateDate: February 15, 2018Time: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM PSTEvent Description:
In this FREE Seminar, you will learn about:
• Legal Marijuana - Implications for Employers in California
• AB 1008: The "Ban the box" law that restricts when an employer may consider criminal conviction history information concerning applicants for employment.
• AB 168: Prohibits public and private employers from seeking or relying upon the salary history of applicants for employment.
• SB 63: "New Parent Leave Act" provides up to 12 weeks of job-protected parental leave for employers with between 20 and 49 employees.
• AB 450: Prohibits employers from voluntarily consenting to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) access to the worksite without a judicial warrant, requires employers to provide their workers with notice of certain immigration enforcement actions, and imposes new statutory penalties for violations of the law.
• Increase in minimum wage
When: Thursday, February 15th, 2018 Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm (Lunch Provided)
Where: Rockwell Collins
350 W. Rincon Street
Corona, CA 92880
Usama Kahf is a Partner in the Irvine office of Fisher Phillips, a national firm that specializes in labor & employment law representing exclusively employers, both private and public. Usama attended Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and now represents employers of all sizes in matters of workplace privacy, data security, unfair competition, and trade secret theft and corporate espionage. He defends employers in other areas of employment law as well, including wage and hour, harassment, and discrimination actions in state and federal court, in private arbitration, and before government agencies such as the Labor Commissioner and EDD. Usama also regularly conducts training for clients on effective performance management strategies, prevention of harassment, and compliance with state and federal employment laws. Usama was selected by Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star each year since 2013.
Please RSVP to Anthony Chacon